Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also résistant
From French résistant
resistant (plural resistants)
- That which makes resistance or offers opposition.
- That which is not affected or overcome by a disease, drug, chemical or atmospheric agent, extreme of temperature, etc..
- The infection is resistant to antibiotics.
- (statistics) Not greatly influenced by individual members of a sample.
that which makes resistance
that which is not overcome by a disease or drug
- third-person plural present active subjunctive of resistō