Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: coed
Short for the original phrase co-educational referring to an educational institution that taught males and females together.
- Of an educational institution, that teaches both males and females.
- Of any location, that mixes males and females.
that teaches both males and females
that mixes males and females
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (US, dated, informal) A young woman who attends college.
- I gazed wistfully at the pretty coeds. -- Dan Millman, Way of the Peaceful Warrior, 1980.
- (US, dated, informal) A (generally young) woman, especially on the campus of a college or other educational institute.
dated: young woman who attends college
dated: young woman