Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The process of encoding or decoding.
- The process of writing computer software code.
- I spent all night on the coding, but the program was ready by morning.
- An encoding.
- (emergency medicine) A method of communicating important medical information discreetly and quickly between medical professionals and responders.
- An alternative therapy used to treat addictions by convincing the patient (through hypnosis, placebos, etc.) that the substance will harm or kill them if they use it again.
process of encoding or decoding
process of writing computer software code
encoding — see encoding
- Present participle of code.