Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- (usually offensive) Having a less than fully functional limb, or injuries which prevent full mobility.
- 1848 "A crippled man, twenty years older than you, whom you will have to wait on?" — Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre, Chapter 17.
- (usually offensive) Having any difficulty or impediment which can be likened to a crippling injury.
- 1893 The Percy Driscoll estate was in such a crippled shape when its owner died that it could pay only sixty percent of its great indebtedness, and was settled at that rate. — Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson.
having a physical impediment
- simple past tense and past participle of