Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A world of information through the Internet.
- (by extension) The internet as a whole.
2012 April 19, Josh Halliday, “Free speech haven or lawless cesspool – can the internet be civilised?”, the Guardian:
- However, some have accused cyberspace of provoking a dangerous collapse in the old order of civilised society. The shift in the balance of power online has given rise to a more powerful concern: the rise of the uncivil web.
- (science fiction) A three-dimensional representation of virtual space in a computer network.
world of information
science fiction: three-dimensional representation of virtual space
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.