Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Present participle of dare.
- Adventurous, willing to take on or look for risks.
1905, Baroness Emmuska Orczy, chapter 1, The Tremarn Case:
- “There the cause of death was soon ascertained ; the victim of this daring outrage had been stabbed to death from ear to ear with a long, sharp instrument, in shape like an antique stiletto, which […] was subsequently found under the cushions of the hansom. […]”
- Courageous, or showing bravery.
willing to take on risks
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked