Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also devolvé
- (transitive) to delegate something to someone else
- (intransitive) to be inherited by someone; to come into the hands of
- When a captain is killed or wounded, the command of a ship should devolve upon the first lieutenant.
- (intransitive) to slowly degrade
- A discussion about politics may devolve into a shouting match.
Related terms 
to delegate something to someone else
to be inherited by someone
- third-person singular present indicative of devolvere
- second-person singular present active imperative of dēvolvō