Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To interrupt the continuance of; to put an end to, especially as regards commercial productions; to stop producing, making, or supplying something.
- They plan to discontinue that design.
- I have discontinued school / Above a twelvemonth.
- Taught the Greek tongue, discontinued before in these parts the space of seven hundred years.
- They modify and discriminate the voice, without appearing to discontinue it.
to stop a process
- feminine form of discontinu
- Feminine plural form of discontinuo