Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɒf
- (clothing) to remove or take off, especially of clothing
- And made us doff our easy robes of peace.
- At night, or in the rain, / He dons a surcoat which he doffs at morn.
- to remove or tip a hat, as in greeting, salutation or as a mark of respect
- The rustics doffed their hats at the clergy.
- to get rid of, to throw off
- Doff that stupid idea: it would never work.
- (reflexive) To strip; to divest; to undress.
- Heaven's King, who doffs himself our flesh to wear.
- (remove or take off clothing): don
- (remove clothing): take off
to remove or take off, especially of clothing
to remove or tip a hat, as in greeting, salutation or as a mark of respect