Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Present participle of downsize.
downsizing (plural downsizings)
- An act in which a company downsizes or is downsized
- He lost his job in the last downsizing.
- (automotive) Reducing engine's capacity at same power or increasing engine's power without increasing capacity
- Downsizing is one of the leading trends in automotive engine design.
downsizing of the workforce
reducing engine's capacity at same power or increasing engine's power without increasing capacity