Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ʌbɪŋ
- Present participle of drub.
drubbing (plural drubbings)
- A severe beating.
- His mother gave him a drubbing after finding out he'd been stealing.
- A thorough defeat.
- The debate team got a drubbing from the competition.
- 2012 September 7, Dominic Fifield, “England start World Cup campaign with five-goal romp against Moldova”, The Guardian:
- Leighton Baines's deflected free-kick added yet more late gloss to the drubbing, the Everton player celebrating his first competitive start with England's first goal direct from a free-kick since David Beckham scored against Ecuador at the 2006 World Cup.