Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
- not at or in the centre.
- not perfectly circular.
- having a different center.
- (of a person) deviating from the norm; behaving unexpectedly or differently.
- "The recluse has become really eccentric over the years."
- (physiology) (of a motion) against or in the opposite direction of contraction of a muscle. (E.g. flexion of the lower arm (bending of the elbow joint) by an external force while contracting the triceps and other elbow extensor muscles to control that movement; opening of the jaw while flexing the masseter).
Derived terms 
Related terms 
- 1956 — Arthur C. Clarke, The City and the Stars, p. 40
- Khedron was the only other person in the city who could be called eccentric.
not at or in the centre
not perfectly circular
having a different center
deviating from the norm
(physiology) (of a motion) against or in the opposite direction of contraction of a muscle
eccentric (plural eccentrics)
- One who does not behave like others.
- A disk or wheel with its axis off centre, giving a reciprocating motion.
- (slang) A kook.
person who does not behave like others