Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
France:effectif (late 14c)＜ Latin: effectus ＜ efficiō ("productive, effective")
Audio (US) (file)
- Having the power to produce a required effect or effects.
- The pill is an effective method of birth control.
- Producing a decided or decisive effect.
- The president delivered an effective speech!
- Jeremy Taylor
- Whosoever is an effective, real cause of doing his neighbour wrong, is criminal.
- Efficient, serviceable, or operative, available for useful work.
- How long does it take to make a bunch of civilians an effective military force?
- My effective income after taxes and child support is $500 a month.
- The effective radiated power is determined by multiplying the transmitter power output with the antenna gain.
- The effective voltage of an alternating current is 0.7 times its peak voltage.
- Actually in effect.
- The curfew is effective at midnight.
having the power to produce a required effect or effects
producing a decided or decisive effect
efficient, serviceable, or operative
actually in effect
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- feminine form of effectif
- vocative masculine singular of effectīvus