- (obsolete or dialectal, Scotland) Age.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Fairfax to this entry?)
- 1600, Edward Fairfax, The Jerusalem Delivered of Tasso:
- Book III, xxxv:
- His age was full of puissance and might,
- Two sons he had to guard his noble eild.
- Book IV, xliv:
- Mine uncle govern'd in my tender eild.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.