at eita (third person singular past indicative æt, third person plural past indicative itu, supine itið)
at eita (third person singular past indicative hæt, third person plural past indicative hitu, supine hitið) (Suðuroy)
it's said ... (medio-passive)
- hann skal eitast at ... - it's said about him, that ...
- okkara tíð eitist at vísa stóran framburð - it's said about our time, to show great progress
- ikki tað, sum eitur - purely nothing (nothing, that means something)
- tað eitur einki, sum hon etur - it means nothing, what she eats (she eats almost nothing)
- tað eitur fyri tað, at ... - this means, that ...
- Jóhan Hendrik W. Poulsen, et al.: Føroysk orðabók. Tórshavn: Føroya Fróðskaparfelag 1998. (examples taken from the entry eita)