Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (intransitive) To leave the country in which one lives, especially one's native country, in order to reside elsewhere.
- Forced to emigrate in a body to America.
- J. H. Newman
- They [the Huns] were emigrating from Tartary into Europe in the time of the Goths.
to leave one's country in order to reside elsewhere
- emigrate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- emigrate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- emigrate at OneLook Dictionary Search
emigrate f pl
- feminine plural of
- plural form of