Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To make a hole in (something); to hollow.
- (transitive) To remove part of (something) by scooping or digging it out.
- (transitive) To uncover (something) by removing its covering.
to make a hole in (something); to hollow
to remove part of (something) by scooping or digging it out
to uncover (something) by removing its covering
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
excavate (plural excavates)
- “excavate” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary (2001).
- second-person plural present active imperative of excavō