Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Of the highest quality; splendid.
- Exceptionally good of its kind.
2013 July-August, Catherine Clabby, “Focus on Everything”, American Scientist:
- Not long ago, it was difficult to produce photographs of tiny creatures with every part in focus. That’s because the lenses that are excellent at magnifying tiny subjects produce a narrow depth of field. A photo processing technique called focus stacking has changed that.
- Superior in kind or degree, irrespective of moral quality.
- See also Wikisaurus:excellent
of the highest quality
- (obsolete) Excellently.
Declension of excellent
- Excellent; splendid.
- third-person plural present indicative of exceller
- third-person plural present subjunctive of exceller
- "excellent" in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- third-person plural future active indicative of excellō