Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Able to be split
- (geology) Easily split along a grain
- (physics) Capable of undergoing nuclear fission
2014 March 30, Choe Sang-hun, “North Korea vows to use 'new form' of nuclear test”, The New York Times:
- North Korea may soon have access to regular amounts of fissile material if it doesn't already ...
able to be split
easily split along a grain
capable of undergoing nuclear fission
fissile (masculine and feminine, plural fissiles)
- "fissile" in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
fissile m, f (masculine and feminine plural fissili)
- (fissionable) fissionabile