Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From Old French fixation.
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
fixation (plural fixations)
- The act of fixing, or the state of being fixed or fixated.
- The act of uniting chemically with a solid substance or in a solid form; reduction to a non-volatile condition; -- said of gaseous elements.
- The act or process of ceasing to be fluid and becoming firm.
- In metals, a state of resistance to evaporation or volatilization by heat.
- A state of mind involving obsession with a particular person, idea, or thing.
- (law) Recording a creative work in a medium of expression for more than a transitory duration, thereby satisfying the "fixation" requirement for the purposes of copyright law.
- In order to obtain copyright on a recording in the United States, the recording must have been reduced to fixation on or after February 15, 1972.
act of fixing
act of uniting chemically
state of mind involving obsession
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
fixation f (plural fixations)
- Tu ferais bien de vérifier les fixations avant de partir.