Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
gannet (plural gannets)
- any of three species of large seabird in the genus Morus, of the family Sulidae. They have black and white bodies and long pointed wings, and hunt for fish by plunge diving and pursuing their prey underwater.
- (UK) a voracious eater; a glutton.
- (UK) a person who flocks towards food whenever it is put out.
- (voracious eater): see Wikisaurus:glutton
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.
glutton — see glutton