Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
gaslit (not comparable)
- Illuminated by burning gas.
- The gaslit streets of Victorian London felt much safer than the dark alleyways to either side.
- of or resembling a time, especially the 1890s, when gaslight was widely used
- the gaslit era
- To deceive, bamboozle.
- You're wondering if one of them gaslit the owner. ~ Elementary (TV Series) S03E20
- to cause (a person) to doubt his or her sanity through the use of psychological manipulation
- To manipulate events and situations in order to make a person believe that he or she is crazy.
- From the 1944 movie with Charles Boyer and Ingrid Bergman.