Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A fine film or strand as of cobwebs, floating in the air or caught on bushes etc.
- A soft, sheer fabric.
- Anything delicate, light and flimsy.
- gossamery (adjective)
cobwebs floating in the air
a soft, sheer fabric
anything delicate, light, flimsy
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Tenuous, light, filmy or delicate.
- "The heaven was spangled with tremulous stars, and at the horizon the clouds hung down in gossamer folds---God's robe trailing in the sea!" — Thomas Bailey Aldrich (1836-1907)