Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
greatly (not comparable)
- (archaic) Nobly; magnanimously.
- To a great extent or degree.
- Expenses greatly exceeded revenues.
- He was more greatly beloved than anyone in living memory.
- 2011 October 29, Phil McNulty, “Chelsea 3 - 5 Arsenal”, BBC Sport:
- Terry's goal looked to have put Chelsea in control on the stroke of half-time but Arsenal's response presented a compelling case for Wenger's insistence that reports of his side's demise have been greatly exaggerated.
to a great extent