Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
hambone (plural hambones)
- The bone at the center of a ham
2009 February 22, J. David Goodman, “The Night of the Foot”, New York Times:
- Perhaps I was afraid of being laughed at if the mysterious item turned out to be a hambone, a distinct possibility.
- (US slang) A ham; an eager or inferior performer
2009 February 15, Rob Salem, “When comedy geniuses unite”, Toronto Star:
- Ferrell is the ubiquitous hambone, an affably oblivious man-child prone to shirtless prancing onscreen.
- (music, dance) A certain type of dance that involves making noise with the body, especially by slapping parts of the body with one's hands
- (bowling, informal) Four consecutive strikes.
- (type of dance): Juba dance