Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -iːtə(r)
heater (plural heaters)
- A device that produces and radiates heat, typically to raise the temperature of a room or building.
- Turn on the heater; I'm cold.
- (dated, slang) A gun.
- The thug pumped two rounds from his heater into her.
- (baseball, slang) A fastball.
- Jones threw a heater under his chin.
- (gambling, slang) An extended winning streak.
- Emmy went on a heater in Las Vegas and came back six thousand dollars richer.
device that produces and radiates heat