Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA: /ˈhɛt.rə.dʒiː.nəs/, /ˈhɛt.rəʊ.dʒiː.nəs/, /hɛt.ˈro.dʒə.nəs/; X-SAMPA: /"hEt.r@.dZi:.n@s/, /"hEt.r@U.dZi:.n@s/
Audio (US) (file)
- Diverse in kind or nature; composed of diverse parts.
- (mathematics) Incommensurable because of different kinds.
- (physics) Having more than one phase (solid, liquid, gas) present in a system or process.
- (chemistry) Visibly consisting of different components.
- (computing) Of a network comprising different types of computers, potentially with vastly differing memory sizes, processing power and even basic underlying architecture; alternatively, of a data resource with multiple types of formats.
diverse in kind