Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: immédiate
Audio (US) (file)
- Happening right away, instantly, with no delay.
- Assemble we immediate council.
1963, Margery Allingham, chapter 19, The China Governess:
- When Timothy and Julia hurried up the staircase to the bedroom floor, where a considerable commotion was taking place, Tim took Barry Leach with him. He had him gripped firmly by the arm, since he felt it was not safe to let him loose, and he had no immediate idea what to do with him.
- Computer users these days expect immediate results when they click on a link.
- Very close; direct or adjacent.
- immediate family; immediate vicinity
- You are the most immediate to our throne.
- Manifestly true; requiring no argument.
- (computer science, of an instruction operand) embedded as part of the instruction itself, rather than stored elsewhere (such as a register or memory location)
immediate f pl
- feminine plural of