Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- restless and intolerant of delays
- The impatient man will not give himself time to be informed of the matter that lies before him.
- anxious and eager, especially to begin something
- (obsolete) Not to be borne; unendurable.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Spenser to this entry?)
- Prompted by, or exhibiting, impatience.
- impatient speeches or replies
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Shakespeare to this entry?)
restless and intolerant of delays
anxious and eager
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
impatient m (plural impatients)
- impatient person