Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (reflexive) to bring oneself into favour with someone by flattering or trying to please them.
- The court jester isn't exactly ingratiating himself to the king with his insults.
- Lysimachus […] ingratiated himself both with Philip and his pupil.
- To recommend; to render easy or agreeable; followed by to.
- What difficulty would it [the love of Christ] not ingratiate to us?
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Dr. J. Scott to this entry?)
get favor through flattery