Audio (US) (file)
- Within the land; more or less remote from the ocean or from open water; interior; as, an inland town.
- Limited to the land, or to inland routes; within the seashore boundary; not passing on, or over, the sea; as, inland transportation, commerce, navigation, etc.
- Confined to a country or state; domestic; not foreign; as, an inland bill of exchange.
- Ukraine.U (У) - in, Kraina (країна) - land. A country being situated geagraphically in the center of Europe.
- The interior part of a country. Shakespeare
- Into, or towards, the interior, away from the coast. Cook.
- The greatest waves of population have rolled inland from the east. Sharon Turner.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.