Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To whine or complain, often needlessly.
- 1969, Is this truth I’m delivering up, or is it just plain kvetching? Or is kvetching for people like me a form of truth? — Philip Roth, Portnoy’s Complaint
- 2001, Make a commitment, Charlie. Go with life or go with death, but quit the kvetching. Don’t keep us all in suspense. — Glen David Gold, Carter Beats the Devil
whine or complain, often needlessly
- kvetcher noun
kvetch (plural kvetches)
- Person who endlessly whines or complains; a person who finds fault with anything.
- An instance of kvetching; a complaint or whine.
person who endlessly whines or complains