Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (manner, US, dated) Intensely.
- c. 1868, James Crane, a song, in Nothing like it in the world: the men who built the transcontinental railroad, Stephen E. Ambrose, 2001, page 286:
- "The railway's begun The Mormons are cutting / And grading like fun."
- (as response, US, dated) Definitely not.
1927 October 7, “Chess Championship.”, Ottawa Citizen:
- Do they think I have a million dollars and spend it? Like fun I do. Not with the kind of discipline my parents believe in.
a. 1946, Raymond J. Healy, J. Francis McComas editor, Adventures in time and space: an anthology of modern science-fiction stories, page 607:
- "Give me that gun!" "Like fun I will," Leigh snapped.