Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From French littéraire.
Audio (US) (file)
- Relating to literature.
- Relating to writers, or the profession of literature.
- Knowledgeable of literature or writing.
- Appropriate to literature rather than everyday writing.
Derived terms 
Related terms 
relating to literature
relating to writers, or the profession of literature
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- literary in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- literary in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911