Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
- literatuer (obsolete)
- (Midwestern US English)
- IPA: /ˈlɪ.tə.tʃɚ/
- The body of all written works.
- The collected creative writing of a nation, people, group, or culture.
- All the papers, treatises, etc. published in academic journals on a particular subject.
- Written fiction of a high standard.
- SF is rarely literature because the characters are so poorly realised. - Adam Cadre
- See also Wikisaurus:literature
Related terms 
body of all written works
the collected creative writing of a nation, people, group or culture
all the papers, treatises etc. published in academic journals on a particular subject
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked