Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To soften (something) or separate (something) into pieces by soaking (it) in a heated or unheated liquid.
- (obsolete) To make lean; to cause to waste away.
- (obsolete) To subdue the appetite by poor or scanty diet; to mortify.
to soften or separate by immersion in a liquid
macerate (plural macerates)
- A macerated substance.
- ^ The American heritage dictionary of Indo-European roots By Calvert Watkins, p. 50, "mag-" entry, item 5
- second-person plural present indicative of macerare
- second-person plural imperative of macerare
- Feminine plural of macerato
- vocative masculine singular of mācerātus