Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
martingale (plural martingales)
- A piece of harness used on a horse to keep it from raising its head above a desired point.
- (nautical) A spar, or piece of rigging that strengthens the bowsprit.
- (mathematics) A stochastic process relating random variables to earlier values
- A gambling strategy in which one doubles the stake after each loss.
- (fencing) A strap attached to the sword handle, preventing a sword being dropped if disarmed.
- (piece of harness): tie-down
piece of harness
- plural form of