Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
harness (plural harnesses)
- (countable) A restraint or support, especially one consisting of a loop or network of rope or straps.
- (countable) A collection of wires or cables bundled and routed according to their function.
Derived terms 
restraint or support
- (transitive) to place a harness on something; to tie up or restrain
- They harnessed the horse to the post.
- (transitive) to capture, control or put to use
- Imagine what might happen if it were possible to harness solar energy fully.
to place a harness on something