Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
meliorism (plural meliorisms)
- The view or doctrine that the world can be improved through human effort (often understood as an intermediate outlook between optimism and pessimism). [from 19th c.]
- “meliorism” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- “meliorism” in Microsoft's Encarta World English Dictionary, North American Edition (2007)
- "meliorism" at Rhymezone (Datamuse, 2006)
- Oxford English Dictionary, second edition (1989)
- Dictionary of Philosophy, Dagobert D. Runes (editor), Philosophical Library, 1962; see: "Meliorism" by Archie J. Bahm, page 195