Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈnjuː.ɑːns/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈnuː.ɑːns/
Audio (US) (file)
nuance (plural nuances)
- A minor distinction.
- Subtlety or fine detail.
- Understanding the basics is easy; appreciating the nuances takes years.
- 1901: Alpheus Spring Packard, Lamarck, the Founder of Evolution
- ...the richer our collections become, the more numerous are the proofs that all is more or less shaded (nuance), that the remarkable differences become obliterated...
subtlety or fine detail
nuance f (plural nuances)