Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Meal made from rolled or round oats.
2013 July-August, Stephen P. Lownie, David M. Pelz, “Stents to Prevent Stroke”, American Scientist:
- As we age, the major arteries of our bodies frequently become thickened with plaque, a fatty material with an oatmeal-like consistency that builds up along the inner lining of blood vessels. The reason plaque forms isn’t entirely known, but it seems to be related to high levels of cholesterol inducing an inflammatory response, which can also attract and trap more cellular debris over time.
- A breakfast cereal made from rolled oats, cooked in milk and/or water (porridge in UK).
- a light greyish brown colour, like that of oatmeal.
breakfast cereal — See also translations at : porridge
oatmeal (not comparable)
- Of a light greyish brown colour, like that of oatmeal