Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Observant
- Alert and paying close attention; watchful.
- The observant police officer noticed that my tax disk was out-of-date.
- Diligently attentive in observing a law, custom, duty or principle; regardful; mindful.
- I was normally observant of the local parking restrictions.
- Sir K. Digby
- We are told how observant Alexander was of his master Aristotle.
Alert and paying close attention
Diligently attentive in observing a law, custom, duty or principle
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- present participle of observar
- Present participle of observer.
observant m, n