From Middle French paraphrase
paraphrase (plural paraphrases)
- A restatement of a text in different words, often to clarify meaning.
paraphrase (third-person singular simple present paraphrases, present participle paraphrasing, simple past and past participle paraphrased)
- To restate something as, or to compose a paraphrase.
- first-person singular present indicative of paraphraser
- third-person singular present indicative of paraphraser
- first-person singular present subjunctive of paraphraser
- third-person singular present subjunctive of paraphraser
- second-person singular imperative of paraphraser