Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
partly (not comparable)
- in part, or to some degree, but not completely
- They partly finished the house so they could move in before winter.
- The car was partly visible in the garage.
- 2011 October 1, Phil Dawkes, “Sunderland 2 - 2 West Brom”, BBC Sport:
- Five minutes into the game the Black Cats were facing a mountain, partly because of West Brom's newly-found ruthlessness in front of goal but also as a result of the home side's defensive generosity.
Related terms