Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
patriarchy (plural patriarchies)
- A social system in which the father is head of the household, having authority over women and children.
- A system of government by males.
- The dominance of men in social or cultural systems.
- (Christianity) The office of a patriarch; a patriarchate.
Related terms 
system of government
dominance of men in social or cultural systems
office of the patriarch — see patriarchate
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked