Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: pīpíng
- Rhymes: -aɪpɪŋ
- Present participle of pipe.
- The process of an animal just beginning to break out of its egg; precedes hatching.
- The sound of musical pipes.
- An act of making music or noise with pipes.
- A system of pipes that compose a structure; pipework.
- the piping of a house
- An ornamentation on pastry edges and seams.
- An ornamentation on the edges of a garment; a small cord covered with cloth.
- Piped icing on a cake.
- (botany) A piece cut off to be set or planted; a cutting.
- (botany) propagation by cuttings
piping (not comparable)
- His piping voice could be heard above the hubbub.