placet (plural placets)
- A vote of assent, as of the governing body of a university, an ecclesiastical council, etc.
- The assent of the civil power to the promulgation of an ecclesiastical ordinance.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Shipley to this entry?)
- J. P. Peters
- The king […] annulled the royal placet.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
placet m (plural placets)
- "placet" in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
placet m (invariable)