Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
- polititian (obsolete)
politician (plural politicians)
- One engaged in politics, especially an elected or appointed government official.
- Politicians should serve the country's interest.
- Specifically, one who regards elected political office as a career.
- Unlike the other candidates, I'm not a politician.
- A politically active or interested person.
- Only real politicians are interested in this issue.
- 1863, “The Fountain Kloof”, in The Sunday at Home, page 211:
- You used to be such a politician. Do you remember the debates we held in Fitzroy's rooms?
- A sly or ingratiating person.
- There is a politician in every office.
- 1969, David E. Sanford, My Village, My World, page 90:
- Mrs. Dimitriou blushed at the compliment. "Antonios, you are such a politician," her husband chuckled.
one engaged in politics
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked