Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (manner) In a positive manner.
- He approached the interview positively.
- (modal) With certainty.
- I will positively be there at 8 a.m.
- (degree) Very.
1963, Margery Allingham, chapter 1, The China Governess:
- The half-dozen pieces […] were painted white and carved with festoons of flowers, birds and cupids. […] The bed was the most extravagant piece. Its graceful cane halftester rose high towards the cornice and was so festooned in carved white wood that the effect was positively insecure, as if the great couch were trimmed with icing sugar.
- I had a positively wonderful time.
in a positive manner