Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
practitioner (plural practitioners)
- A person who practices a profession or art, especially law or medicine.
2014 June 21, “Magician’s brain”, The Economist, volume 411, number 8892:
- The [Isaac] Newton that emerges from the [unpublished] manuscripts is far from the popular image of a rational practitioner of cold and pure reason. The architect of modern science was himself not very modern. He was obsessed with alchemy.
- One who does anything customarily or habitually.
- (dated) A sly or artful person.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Whitgift to this entry?)
person who practices a profession or art
- practitioner at OneLook Dictionary Search